[TxMt] Problem with LaTeX bundle

Erich Neuwirth erich.neuwirth at univie.ac.at
Wed Jun 23 15:46:53 UTC 2010

I recently got a new Mac and installed MacTeX 2009 and TextMate.
Everything works fine right out of the box.

On my older machine, when trying to use the LaTeX bundle with AFAIK the same
configuration, I get the following error.

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/Users/neuwirth/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/bin/texMate.py", line 873, in eCode = program.do_action(action) File "/Users/neuwirth/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/bin/texMate.py", line 476, in do_action self.do_latex() File "/Users/neuwirth/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/bin/texMate.py", line 521, in do_latex stat = self.run_latex() File "/Users/neuwirth/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/bin/texMate.py", line 632, in run_latex commandParser = LaTexParser(None,self.verbose,self.fileName) File "/Users/neuwirth/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/bin/texparser.py", line 150, in __init__ super(LaTexParser, self).__init__(input_stream,verbose,fileName) File "/Users/neuwirth/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/bin/texparser.py", line 18, in __init__ super(TexParser, self).__init__(self) TypeError: object.__init__() takes no parameters

Using LaTeXtra in addition to LaTeC makes things work on this machine.
Any idea where the problem lies and how to solve it?

--
Erich Neuwirth
Didactic Center for Computer Science and Institute for Scientific Computing