[TxMt] Re: How to keep bundles updated

Carsten Hoever hoever at gmx.de
Wed Jun 9 11:57:05 UTC 2010

On 9 jun 2010, at 13.45, Martin Kühl wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 13:31, Carsten Hoever <hoever at gmx.de> wrote:
>> with more and more of the bundles moving from SVN to GIT, I was
>> wondering what would be the most convenient way to keep your bundles
>> updated? I used to to have an SVN checkout of TM's bundles and to
>> update I could simply do a 'svn update all' in the command line and
>> all bundles were updated.
>>
>> Is there a simple way to this with GIT as well? With the GetBundles
>> bundle it only seems to be possible to do the update by individually
>> looking at each installed bundle for an updated version and then
>> installing this. Or am I missing something here?
>
> GetBundles has a “Install all Updates” action in the gear menu, shortcut
> ⌘U.

I actually checked the gear menu of GetBundles before writing the first mail, but there was nothing like “Install all Updates”. After your reply, I realised that I actually was using an older version of GetBundles without that menu item. After updating GetBundles I now have it and can update all my bundles again easily.

Thanks!

Carsten