[TxMt] Re: zsh instead of bash

Iain Barnett iainspeed at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 20:05:56 UTC 2010

Thanks for replying.

I've fixed it, but I'm not sure why it didn't originally work with exec().I have a command that straightens curly single quotes,

perl -p -e 's/’/''/g;'

This works with zsh (in the terminal) because I've set the option RC_QUOTE so the double quote within the quotes will become a single one.

I've ended up with this:

perl -p -e 's/’/\047/g;'

which works, but it took me a while to figure. I could've written it straight into perl I suppose, but since the command line options write half the code for me that feels like a poor substitute. Is there no way to make zsh the default?

Regards,
Iain