[TxMt] Re: duplicating a column in TextMate

Tobias Jung newsgr at tobiasjung.net
Thu Jul 15 10:09:13 UTC 2010

supinum <david at supinum.com> wrote (Thu, 15 Jul 2010 02:50:48 -0700):

> Lets say I have houndreds of images in a folder and I want to list them in
> an HTML-document. So I just paste in my list of images in TextMate like
> this:
>
> IMGP0410.jpg
> IMGP0411.jpg
> IMGP0412.jpg
> IMGP0413.jpg
> IMGP0414.jpg
>
> To make proper links of this list I will have to paste the complete list of
> images once more next to my first list like this:
>
> IMGP0410.jpg     IMGP0410.jpg
> IMGP0411.jpg     IMGP0411.jpg
> IMGP0412.jpg     IMGP0412.jpg
> IMGP0413.jpg     IMGP0413.jpg
> IMGP0414.jpg     IMGP0414.jpg
> Is it possible to do this in textmate without having to manually edit every
> line in my list?

1. Select the full list using "column mode", i.e. keep the option key
and the mouse button pressed while you move the mouse.
2. Hit command + c to copy the selection to the clipboard.
3. Move the cursor to the end of the first line and hit the tab key or
insert a few spaces.
4. Hit command + v to insert the clipboard's content - voilà! :-)

Kind regards,
Tobias Jung