[TxMt] Re: Folding in plain text?

Dru Kepple dru at summitprojects.com
Tue Jul 13 16:24:28 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Catterall
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 8:03 AM
Subject: [TxMt] Folding in plain text?

I'd like to be able to fold text in plain text files. I often use a plain text file to plan database tables and columns, and to write pseudo code. Ideally I'd like to be able to fold the text so that I can more easily see my headings - like an outliner, yes, that's it.

Well, you can always select some arbitrary text and press F1.  The nice thing about that is once you've done that, the folding markers tend to stick around and you can re-fold the same bit of text without the selection.

Beyond that, you'll have to define a language grammar so that folding start and stop markers can be declared.

+dru