[TxMt] Live Edit missing in Web Preview

Jon Ippolito jippolito at maine.edu
Tue Jul 13 13:52:01 UTC 2010

I like TextMate so much that it's become my default word processor as well as text editor; I save all my notes as HTML, which makes them easy to share over the Web. James Speth's WebMate plugin has been an invaluable utility for this, because it lets me edit text WYSISYG-style in the Web Preview.

Hoping to beef up my TextMate experience even further, I recently installed the plugins AckMate, ProjectPlus, QuicklookTM, and TMQuicklook. Then I noticed that the spiffy "Show options" checkbox was missing from my Web Preview, making it impossible for me to invoke live WYSISYG editing.

I figured there was a plugin conflict, so I removed the four plugins from ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Plugins. (I also removed TMQuicklook.qlgenerator from /Library/Quicklook/.) But after restarting TextMate and my computer, and even re-installing WebMate, no joy--I still can't find the missing option for WYSISYG editing in Preview.

Could this have been the result of a change in the latest TextMate version? I'm running 1.5.9 (1589).

I've been running WebMate 1.0.1 for the past year and a half without incident. Note that after the original WebMate link expired (http://end.com/speth/2006/04/webmate-web-editing-for-textmate/), Christoffer Winterkvist on this list helped me track down a copy of WebMate in Jason Evers' Green Moleskine package (http://jason-evers.com/projects/green-moleskine).

Any advice greatly appreciated!

jon
/RR (Response Requested)