[TxMt] Re: Problem with ctrl-h in ruby mode

Martin Kühl martin.kuehl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 21:37:08 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 23:15, Martin <html-kurs at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 02.07.10 22:29, schrieb Martin:
>>
>> Am 02.07.10 22:22, schrieb Martin Kühl:
>>
>>> Downgrade the rdoc gem to an older version (I use 2.4.3, current is
>>> 2.5.8, if I remember correctly 2.5.3 is broken as well) and you should
>>> be fine.
>>>

>> thanks, maybe this is the problem.
>> I'm using rvm. When using the system installation of ruby I get the
>> docs. With any rvm-installed ruby I have the problems.
>>
>> Do I have to generate anything after downgrading rdoc?
>
> it seems to me that I have trouble uninstalling rdoc 2.5.8 and installing
> 2.4.3.
> I'll try to solve this problem first ...

You should be able to just `gem install rdoc --version 2.4.3`, at
least the wrapper scripts for ri et al will be overwritten by that,
and if you have anything that depends on rdoc 2.5.8 it'll still be
able to load that.
As for regenerating docs, I don't think you should have to, but I'm
not entirely certain, sorry.

Martin