[TxMt] Re: Problem with ctrl-h in ruby mode

Martin Kühl martin.kuehl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 20:22:33 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 22:02, Martin <html-kurs at gmx.de> wrote:
> in ruby on rails mode ctrl-h should show me the documentation of the
> selected method. But I always get a window with the ri-documentation. The
> headline is 'Documentation for xxxxx', but the content is the help text of
> ri.

Recent versions of RDoc have, for whatever reason, removed the "plain"
output type from the `ri` command, which TextMate uses for the Ruby
documentation command. If you have installed/upgraded rdoc manually,
this might be what causes your problem.

Downgrade the rdoc gem to an older version (I use 2.4.3, current is
2.5.8, if I remember correctly 2.5.3 is broken as well) and you should
be fine.

HTH,
Martin