[TxMt] Re: Switching Git Branches and TextMate

Wed Jan 27 04:08:28 UTC 2010

On Jan 26, 2010, at 7:24 PM, Mitchell Amihod wrote:

> I just did a test, and you can version the .tmproj file itself.
> i did a test, and it seems to store tab state.
> you have to close the project and reopen it after switching branches though.
> if you could script that action to reopen the project after, you should have all your tabs restored.

Yeah, but I think a lot of the stuff he’s after is stored as extended attributes. Even if Git could track those, I don’t think I would want it to. Imagine dozens of commit messages that simply said “I moved the cursor”.

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>

The magnitude of a problem does not affect its ownership.