[TxMt] Re: textmate and matplotlib

Sat Jan 9 16:20:24 UTC 2010

On 8 Jan 2010, at 14:44, Claus wrote:

> I can execute scripts that contain matplotlib code perfectly well
> from the command line (this one http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/plot_directive/mpl_examples/pylab_examples/scatter_hist.py
>  for example), but when I run them from within TextMate, python
> keeps running endlessly, no error.

This could be caused by the interactive input library we inject into
Python (or the enabling of a flat namespace for the linker, whcih a
Python library has previously been incompatible with).

The easy fix is to:

    rm /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/lib/
tm_interactive_input.dylib

There is also an environment variable you can set, but I can’t find it
ATM (away from my regular machine), I’ll have the troubleshooting
pages updated with this info.