[TxMt] RVM, Ruby, Textmate and me?

Shane Knysh shane.knysh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 20:53:39 UTC 2010

Greetings,

I recently set up a new system with RVM and ruby 1.9.2 (default) as well as
1.8.7 and Rubinius. The system ruby is currently 1.8.7.

I followed the instructions here:
http://rvm.beginrescueend.com/integration/textmate/ to set up RVM and
textmate to work and play nice together. These steps work and don't.

When I use the run command textmate execute the file using the correct ruby,
for example the "puts RUBY_DESCRIPTION" returns the expected ruby 1.9.2.
However, when I "Execute line/ selection as ruby" I still get ruby 1.8.7
(the system ruby).

Looking at the bundles the "Execute line/ selection as ruby" command starts
with "#!/usr/bin/env ruby"

How should I modify the bundles such that it run the selection or line via
the TM_RUBY environment variable rather than the system ruby?

Thanks!
Shane
http://scr.im/shaneknysh