[TxMt] TextMate becoming increasingly unstable

Max Lein realoreocookie at gmx.de
Mon Dec 27 14:23:50 UTC 2010

I have noticed that especially after upgrading to 10.6, TextMate has become more and more crash prone -- especially after switching from another app back to TextMate. I use it mainly in larger LaTeX projects in conjunction with git and nowadays it would crash, two, three times a week. I often switch back and forth between Skim or Preview and Textmate. Hence, I mostly don't lose any data, because I've saved the file before switching apps, but nevertheless, it's quite disconcerting.

Back in the (good old ;-) 10.4 days, TextMate was absolutely rock solid and it was exceedingly rare for TextMate to crash. Are those known issues? Will there be more fixes down the road for 1.5 addresses stability problems? What are the root causes?