[TxMt] Re: git not found

Justin Catterall 100621.1 at masonsmusic.co.uk
Wed Dec 22 08:59:31 UTC 2010

On 22 Dec 2010, at 08:39, Lewis Overton wrote:

> A recent attempt to update bundles returned
>
> "sh: git: command not found"
>
> But in terminal, I see
>
>  bash-$ git --version
> git version 1.7.3.1
>
> which is something new. What's happening?
>
> I'm running TM Version 1.5.10 (1623)
> Model Identifier:	MacBook5,1
>   Processor Name:	Intel Core 2 Duo
>   Processor Speed:	2.4 GHz
> with OS X 10.6.5

Maybe git is not in your path?  It's not even on my system so I can't
tell you where it's supposed to be!

This will tell you where the program is:
	bash-$ which git

and this will tell you what your path is:
	bash-$ echo $PATH

If the location of git is not in $PATH then it won't be found. You
could specify /path/to/git when you run it. Or add /path/to/  to your
$PATH in .bash_profile. Find a line "export PATH=..." and, somewhere
*before* the $PATH at the end put /path/to (or whatever it is).  You
will need to quit the shell for this to take effect.

Of course, if it is already in your path we'd need more of a clue, but
this is a start.

--
Justin C, by the sea.