[TxMt] Re: Bundles. How to: enable IDE style autocomplete ( function name + parameter snippets )

Tue Aug 31 16:48:34 UTC 2010

On 31 Aug 2010, at 16:33, Aldo Bucchi wrote:

> [...]
> Sorry. I meant writing code. I just joined this list and I now realize
> there is a wide spectrum regarding coding skills. I can code ;)

Great :)

In that case, the main ingrediant is the dialog plug-in.

If you open a new TextMate document and press ⌃R on the following
line:

     "$DIALOG" help

It will show the available options for “showing dialogs” (⌃R runs
the current line as a shell command).

More specifically you want to use the popup command ("$DIALOG" help
popup).

I think the initial version of the Objectice-C completion was a simply
command¹ which did something like:

     #!/usr/bin/env ruby
     list = `grep "^$TM_CURRENT_WORD" "$TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT/
completions.tsf"`.split("\t")

Then used "$DIALOG" to show the matches (and insert the chosen one as
a snippet).

¹ http://manual.macromates.com/en/commands