[TxMt] Re: Multiple Languages for Spell Checker (Per file language)

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Sat Aug 28 12:42:58 UTC 2010

> When I change the language in the Edit > Spelling > Show Spelling & Grammar
> menu from English to Italian, it seems to change the language for all
> textmate files, not just the one I'm working with.
Yes, this is an app-wide setting.

> I suspect I'm doing something wrong here, but is there a way to have a
> per-file language for the spell checker?

Well, I believe there's no 'official' way to do it but one can do it
by using my TMTools plugin. Look at

http://email.eva.mpg.de/~bibiko/downloads/textmate/

and the at help file
http://email.eva.mpg.de/~bibiko/downloads/textmate/tmtoolshelp.html

3.2.23 spellCheckerLanguage '{to=XXX;}'

Important Note:

The TMTOOLS plug-in calls undocumented TextMate functions without an
appropriate API. It is strongly recommend to use that plug-in for
private scripting only!

      The usage of that plug-in is at your own risk!

Cheers,

-Hans