[TxMt] Re: Using TM to compile Java

plastichairdoo plastichairdoo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 19:02:44 UTC 2010

Thanks Dru,

yes, of course I've tried that - and it works well enough to build and run the app but it doesn't produce a java .class file like you get when you use 'javac' in UNIX.

and with Applets it won't work at all.
for example, I get the following error when trying to compile ("build"?) an Applet named "Einstein.java" into a java .class file:

CLASSPATH=/var/folders/lL/lLsF6qXPGzqqhhc4QsmSnk+++TI/-Tmp-//tm_javamate.22617: java -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 Einstein

then it hangs.

it seems to me like TM is looking for the Java SDK files on my machine so that it can run the compiler but it's not finding it in the CLASSPATH...

but I'm a total noob so I really don't know.

assistance?

bennett