[TxMt] Re: TM 2.0

Tim Rand timrandg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 17:13:14 UTC 2010

Josh,
Yes, this issue has been beaten to death. Alan is trying to do a bottom-up
rewrite fixing everything that he didn't like about the TM1. See Wired
magazine's recent article on some selected case studies of complete software
rewrites like the video game duke nukem. It is likely that TM2 rewrite will
be difficult and possible that it will not ever surface. TM1 is good. Learn
how to use it, rather than wondering when TM2 is going to appear. If the
force is with Alan, and he can stay focused on this project, he will turn
out something great like TM1. But no one likes people poking them with a
stick while saying hurry up and finish your creation. It is Alan's
prerogative to work independently, quietly, even isolated from the world.
Let's leave him alone.
Tim