[TxMt] Re: [slightly OT] info request on git/git bundle

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Tue Aug 17 14:38:49 UTC 2010

On 17 Aug 2010, at 13:58, Rick DeNatale wrote:

> After dipping your toes in introductory material about git, I can't
> recommend anything written by Scott Chacon enough.
>
> Scott works for github and seems to serve as their main git 'educator'

He's good.  I attended a presentation of his recently and the slides
are also very good, however I am not sure if they are openly available.
[The slides are not, at present, on
http://conferences.yapceurope.org/ye2010/wiki?node=UploadedSlides
but should appear there when Scott is back in one place assuming he
is OK with the slides being made available...]

> He wrote a book called Pro Git and although it's a printed book sold
> by Apress, the entire book is readable online

That book is good.

Unfortunately, and it pains me to say it, the O'Reilly one is not.
[But then O'Reilly no longer hold the paramount tech book crown like
they did a number of years back]

Other resources
	http://gitref.org/	- another Scott production
	http://progit.org/	- Pro Git website
	http://git-scm.com/
	http://www.gitready.com/

Some of these were culled from
	http://help.github.com/

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.com ]