[TxMt] [slightly OT] info request on git/git bundle

Piero D'Ancona pierodancona at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 18:47:54 UTC 2010

I am very curious about git. I understand roughly
how it works and it can be used, but since there
are ppl here using it massively, would you kindly
write a short 'git/git bundle for dummies' ? What I'd like
is an example of how concretely you use it every day
and what it gives you. My needs are basic, I have
many joint projects (=joint papers) with several people
scattered around the world, and I would like to
understand if it is worth learning to use it or not
to manage my collaborations.

Piero