[TxMt] Re: scope for SQL line

John DeSoi desoi at pgedit.com
Fri Aug 13 02:59:18 UTC 2010

On Aug 11, 2010, at 6:46 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

>> I've made some progress with the grammar and understanding scopes. I think I need to create a "SQL Statement" scope, but I don't see how to write the ending regular expression for the semicolon. Is there a way to do this in the grammar that ensures the semicolon found is not in a string or comment?
>
> Sort of, yes. A rule should always only match the thing it wants to match, it should generally not try to avoid false positives, instead other rules should be created to take care of these.
>
> So in the case of an SQL statement you would do something like:

Thanks very much -- I see how it works now. Very nice design.

Another question:

I assigned command-R as a shortcut for the command. It works if I have nothing selected, but if I have some text selected it runs the XCode Build and Run command. Why is that and what can I do about it?

Thanks!

John DeSoi, Ph.D.