[TxMt] Latexmk, TextMate and XeLaTeX

perezcarballo aperezcarballo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 19:01:48 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am trying to have latexmk run a script before compiling the document. If I
create an RC file (latexmkrc) inside my home directory where I include

$pdflatex  = 'sh vc; xelatex %O %S';

and then run

latexmk -pdf file

from the command line, latemk will run the vc script and then do its job as
usual. However, if I run it from TextMate, it doesn't.

I've set XeLaTeX as my default typesetting engine, so I assume that TextMate
is overriding the default RC files in order to tell latexmk to use XeLaTeX
instead of pdfLateX. I've searched around for a hidden RC file that TextMate
might be creating but I cannot find it.

I asked John Collins about this, who gave me incredibly helpful advice, but
the problem seems to be with TextMate, not with Latexmk.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

APC