[TxMt] Git Bundle plist errors

Josh Cheek josh.cheek at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 04:30:23 UTC 2010

Hi, I'm having trouble getting some of the more complex Git bundle tools to
work. For example, when I try to merge, it does
http://img691.imageshack.us/i/picture3apw.png/

I suspect my problem is with my ruby version, I'm on OSX 10.5.6, and using
rvm to manage my ruby version, with the shell variable TM_RUBY set (this has
resolved all of my previous issues with rvm and textmate)

I followed the Git.tmbundle installation instructions at
http://github.com/jcf/git-tmbundle, installing it in ~/Library/Application\
Support/TextMate/Bundles

I followed these instructions
http://gnuu.org/2009/05/25/getting-gittmbundle-working-with-ruby19/ but the
svn repo had moved, so instead I did
$ svn co http://svn.textmate.org/trunk/Support/

My TM_GIT is set correctly, and simpler commands like Browse Annotated File
are working.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
-Josh

PS - Full text of the error:
/Users/joshuacheek/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Support/lib/ui.rb:237:in `to_plist': An object in the
argument tree could not be converted (ArgumentError) from
/Users/joshuacheek/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Support/lib/ui.rb:237:in `request_item' from
/Users/joshuacheek/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Bundles/Git.tmbundle/Support/tmvc/../lib/ui.rb:9:in
`request_item_with_force_pick' from /Users/joshuacheek/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Bundles/Git.tmbundle/Support/tmvc/../app/controllers/branch_controller.rb:71:in
`merge' from /Users/joshuacheek/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Bundles/Git.tmbundle/Support/tmvc/lib/application_controller.rb:105:in
`block in call' from /Users/joshuacheek/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Bundles/Git.tmbundle/Support/tmvc/lib/application_controller.rb:94:in
`with_filters' from /Users/joshuacheek/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Bundles/Git.tmbundle/Support/tmvc/lib/application_controller.rb:105:in
`call' from /Users/joshuacheek/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Bundles/Git.tmbundle/Support/tmvc/lib/application_controller.rb:112:in
`call' from /Users/joshuacheek/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Bundles/Git.tmbundle/Support/tmvc/tmvc.rb:56:in
`dispatch_normal' from /Users/joshuacheek/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Bundles/Git.tmbundle/Support/tmvc/tmvc.rb:74:in `dispatch'
from /Users/joshuacheek/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Bundles/Git.tmbundle/Support/tmvc/tmvc.rb:96:in `dispatch'
from /tmp/temp_textmate.FkobtG:4:in `'