[TxMt] Re: Set AS3 class paths

Simon Gregory simon at helvector.org
Fri Apr 9 14:28:17 UTC 2010

> I’m setting up a new TextMate environment for work on a new computer and for the life of me
> Can’t get my AS3 class path preference setup correctly. I’m using Simon Gregory’s Actionscript 3 Bundle.
> I’ve already set different variations within the Preferences > Advanced > Shell Variables
> For TM_AS3_PATH but it’s not finding the directory I have set for that variable.

The bundle doesn't use a env var called TM_AS3_PATH. Although it's not always necessary (ie if you're following a conventional project layout) you can try setting TM_FLEX_FILE_SPECS to specify the class you wish to compile. The compiler will then use that file, and the directory it's in as the root directory for your project source.

> Is there a setting to set within the flex-config.xml that I’m missing?
> Any tips or links would be much appreciated. I’ve tried the Google machine already.

You can specify the external library paths relative to TM_FLEX_FILE_SPECS  inside the compiler node of your app-config.xml using something like:

<source-path append="true">
  <path-element>../lib/as/bin/</path-element>
</source-path>

Cheers,
Simon