[TxMt] Re: merging columns of text

Paul McCann pmccann at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 00:10:25 UTC 2010

Steven W Riggins asked...
> if I have
>
> one
> two
> three
> four
>
> on the clipboard, can I paste it in front of (line by line)
>
> duck
> cows
> chickens
> geese

I don't think so, but if you have a *rectangular* selection on the
clipboard it'll paste in front of the "duck" in the manner you're
seeking. So either option-drag around the words in question (one two
three four), and then simply paste in front of "duck" (or even just
drag the selection into place), or you can use keyboard selection
techniques to establish the rectangular selection. For example, with
cursor at the start: select "one" with shift-option-rightarrow, then
click the option key to select rectangular mode, then (with shift held
down) use the arrow keys to extend the selection. Anyway, hopefully
this'll get you started down a route that fits your fingers!

Cheers,
Paul