[TxMt] Re: New LaTeX Bundle

Paul McCann pmccann at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 00:28:37 UTC 2010

From: Paul McCann <paul.mccann at adelaide.edu.au>
To: TextMate users <textmate at lists.macromates.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 09:27:48 +0930
Subject: Re: [TxMt] New LaTeX Bundle
Hi Geoff,

> 1. How do I install it? I gather that I download it from   http://github.com/lasersox/latex.tmbundle. I did this and a folder called lasersox.latex.tmbundle-b5bbb31 was created. Then what? The instructions in the textmate help regarding bundle installation don't seem to be appropriate at this stage. Perhaps already I am doing something wrong.

No, it's not obvious: the problem is github appending that SHA-ish
lump on the end of the directory name. If it was just ".tmbundle" you
could double click and be up and away, but its presence severs the
extension's connection with TextMate. Just remove the "-b5bbb31" and
the icon should change. Then you can double click to install.

> 2. Once it is installed properly, will it conflict with the old latex bundle? How can I go back and forth between the two? Will my old custom snippets and commands still work, etc?

They work fine together in my testing, but it quickly becomes a bit of
a pain to have to select the "2" when typesetting. I guess you could
just remap the command to typeset in the "classic" latex bundle, but
given the increased speed and ease with the new bundle I just disabled
the original one (from the bundle editor).

Have fun,
Paul