[TxMt] Textmate Ruby Error

bob bob thedicksterspam at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 22:24:35 UTC 2009

Just downloaded the rspec plugin and when i try to run anything i get this
error:

/tmp/temp_textmate.RAORye: line 9: /opt/local/bin/ruby: No such file or
directory

At first i was receiving a similar error after i installed snow leopard and
couldn't run ruby tests with cmd+r, i fixed it by editing my
environment.plist to this:

/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/ruby:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin/Users/richardschneeman/bin/bin/:/usr/local/bin

When i run echo $PATH i get this:

#!/bin/sh
echo
"$PATH"/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/ruby:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/opt/local/bin:/Users/richardschneeman/bin/bin/:/usr/local/bin

I'm also getting a similar error running other bundles, so i believe it is
with textmate configuration itself. From googling the only two documents I
have been able to find only mention editing the path directly, or the
environment.plist both of which show my correct ruby implementation:

which ruby
/usr/bin/ruby

ahead in the list of /opt/local/bin/ so i don't understand why textmate
would ever look there first. Either way additional troubleshooting tips will
certainly be appreciated