[TxMt] Re: TM lags when switching

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Sep 23 21:29:56 UTC 2009

On Sep 23, 2009, at 2:24 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 21 Sep 2009, at 21:23, Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> I am pretty sure I just pinned this down to TM.  If I work in TM,
>> save, then command-tab to a browser, there is significant lag from
>> the
>> time it will switch to the browser, or, at times, even bring up the
>> application tab switcher.
>>
>> If I do not save, the toggle is fast, so it seems to be something to
>> do with leaving TM, where it is not letting me leave as fast as other
>> apps do.
>
> The saving is synchronous, so any action done after ⌘S will not be
> executed until the save has completed.
>
> Are you using this with an ftp app? TM wants a reply saying
> “everything went ok” from that app, before it considers the save
> as
> done.

No, actually, this seems to be worse on local dev than when I am using
a ftp app.
I have been working in Jquery all week, so 100% local.

These are small local files, 100 lines or so, how long does that save
take?  I would think from about the time I release the "S" key, that
save should be finished.  at which point, I am into the command-tab.
By then, the save should be done.

Hmm, yesterday I deleted all the cache files in TM in app support, and
now, working on the same file, this is NOT happening.  I will keep an
eye on it.  I get this feeling it will grow to lag more over time.  If
it is as simple as nuking a cache file, I will just get in the habit
of doing that.

Thx