[TxMt] opening textmate from other apps not working

Steven McDonald mcdonald at triumf.ca
Mon Sep 21 15:52:48 UTC 2009

Hi

	I have Textmate 1.5.8, and I have not been able to get the feature
working that allows me to edit in textmate from other applications.

I have installed the install::edit bundle,  at least from in side
Safari under the edit menu I see the "Edit in Textmate" menu
selection. But when I open up Safari and begin drafting a message
textmate does NOT Launch. I expected textmate to launch and shift
focus from Safari to textmate.

Maybe that is not how it works so I launch textmate manually and again
to a "^ Command E" manually shift to the Textmate editor start typing,
when I press "Command S" I expected the contents to be copied to my
Safari message window, but instead I get a dialog box asking where to
save the file.

Clearly this feature i not working, but I think I have activated it,
Any suggestions

Thanks
Steve