[TxMt] Re: Opening Gif files

Dru Kepple dru at summitprojects.com
Mon Sep 21 00:50:15 UTC 2009

> From: Enrique Ramírez [me at enrique-ramirez.com]
>
> A while ago, while on project view, I dragged a .gif file from the project
> drawer to the main textmate window, which opened the file in the text
> editor. I simply closed it and move on.

Sounds like you should tell TextMate to treat GIF files as binary.

Right-click on a GIF file in your project drawer, and choose "Treat Files with ".gif" Extension as Binary."  Probably just got changed somewhere along the way; by default it should be treated as Binary.  To my knowledge, dragging a binary file into the text editor shouldn't change that setting, but maybe it does.

Dru