[TxMt] How to do basic things with files and project drawer

Fabio fauzzo at email.it
Tue Sep 15 06:55:31 UTC 2009

Hallo,

I am trying to understand how to do some basic operations with text
mate but I didn't find help in the manual, wiki o faqs so I try here:

1. New Project

I used to have all my web project files and directories inside a main
directory, when I create a new project in textmate I drag such "main"
folder into TextMate icon and save project. That seems correct and
seems to be the only way that allows files or directories created
later in the finder to appear in the project without the need to
manually drag them.
The question: is there any way to have the paths set from my "root"
element?
For example if I drag an image that is placed into /myroot/img/ the
html file that gets it uses a src link like "../../img/image.gif". Is
it possible to have "/img/image.gif" instead?

2. Project Drawer and new files in project

How can I create a new file or duplicate an existing one?
The alternatives seems to be:

- go to the file menù and select "new" but in this way the new file
appears in a new window outside the project and I don't know why;

- go to project drawer, select the directory where I want to create it
and hit new file button. Seems ok but Project Drawer behaviour  feels
a bit strange sometimes.

- use the file menu and "Save as..." to save the current file with a
new name to duplicate it. That's seems quite ok but Project Drawer
seems bugged about: If I do that, I cannot see the old file in PD, or
I can see it but it seems to have the same name of the new file
created (that is no true). To fix it I have to quit and restart PD. Is
there any way to have PD list updated correctly?

- go to the finder and make duplications from there. But this way is
longer than any other and I think it should be possible from TM.

Further more if I want to delete a file, the only way I found in PD is
to *select the file twice* (why?) and then hit the "delete" keyboard
button.
There is no "delete" command in the right click menu, as for duplicate.

If I use the new file or new directory button in PD without selecting
anything the behaviour is more strange: the file is placed or
displayed in a some strange location in the project tree. The
directory is called "group" but I don't know what it means.

3. While I editing CSS or HTML files, sometimes I need the color
chooser, the default keys CTRL + SHIFT + C do not open it. That keys
seems to be used by the default Math bundle. Is the solution to
manually change such keys in Math bundle? Why TM provides such
overlapping keys?

4. A little "bug" with file tabs

When opened files number exceed TM window width, other files are
visible under the ">>" button of tab list. Unfortunately if you need
to work on a file listed in ">>", you cannot see it selected in the
tabs so it is difficult sometimes to know on wich file you are working
or where it is placed.

Thanks.

Fabio

 Sponsor:
 Cerchi un hotel per le prossime vacanze a Riccione? Vai su vacanzedivertenti.it
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid•28&d-9