[TxMt] Re: GetBundles installation problem

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Fri Sep 11 07:51:24 UTC 2009

On 11.09.2009, at 09:28, Piero D'Ancona wrote:

> Hans-Jörg Bibiko <bibiko at ...> writes:
>
>> Then you should make sure that GetBundles uses the DIALOG2 inside TM
>> (the latest).
>>
> Before trying GetBundles I used svn and had everything
> in /Library (not ~/Library, following the advice of Allan
> himself in his blog). I wanted to switch to GetBundles,
> so I trashed the entire /Library/Application Support/TextMate
> and fired up GetBundles. Unfortunately it stalls forever,
> claiming to be connecting to the server.

Hmm, I don't have the folder /Library/Application Support/TextMate.

What is GetBundles' console - action gear menu "Show Log" ⇧⌥⌘L ?

> If I create an
> empty /Library/Application Support/TextMate folder,
> same result. If I reinstate at the same place the original
> stuff, finally GetBundles works as intended; but then
> when I try to update a bundle, it says I should use svn
> instead. So I do not know how to switch to GetBundles
> completely. How does GetBundles keep track of the
> fact that svn was used? leftover invisible files? or
> mind-reading.

GetBundles is looking for a folder called .svn inside of a
foo.tmbundle folder. This is a safety mechanism to omit updating
bundles which are under git/svn control.

> Btw, to make this useful to someone else, what are the
> proper places to put the bundles now?

GetBundles installs all bundle in ~/Library/Application Support/
TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles.

This is the same folder as you install a tmbundle by double-clicking
on it in the Finder.

Maybe try this:
- quit TextMate
- make a security copy of '/Library/Application Support/TextMate' and
'~/Library/Application Support/TextMate'
- remove /Library/Application Support/TextMate
- remove ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate
- empty the Trash
- start TextMate
- start GetBundles (open the console ⇧⌥⌘L)
- install a bundle (first it should update the Support/lib before
installing the bundle)

Ciao,
--Hans