[TxMt] Re: [FIXED] Interactive Input on Snow Leopard.

Luke Daley ld at ldaley.com
Fri Sep 11 02:00:36 UTC 2009

On 10/09/2009, at 11:55 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On Sep 9, 2009, at 10:35 PM, Luke Daley wrote:
>
>> I believe I have fixed the issues with interactive input on Snow
>> Leopard. However, this should be considered beta until it gets
>> included in the TM distribution.
>
> ISTR the crash I saw on Snow Leopard looked like it was calling
> malloc (via strdup in mode.c) before the system's malloc zone was
> set up.  Is that still the case?

TBH, it was very difficult to determine exactly what was going on. I
was operating under the assumption that the problem was due to
something in our read() implementation calling something that in turn
invoked read() causing a recursion. Your explanation makes more sense.
I'll test this and let you know.

> Also, for my own curiosity, is it a problem that your read override
> doesn't appear to be async-signal safe?

Absolutely no idea.

How would I make it async-signal safe and why would I do this?