[TxMt] Re: Newbie questions

Wed Sep 2 16:21:29 UTC 2009

On 2 Sep 2009, at 07:22, Mark Fletcher wrote:

> I code in C++. When I try to re-indent a selected chunk of code,
> using Text
> -> Indent Selection, it seems to do the wrong thing for any code that
> appears after comment lines. Am I doing it wrong?

Afraid this is to be expected. It has a set of rules on how to adjust
the indent based on line-by-line matching. Block-comments does not fit
well into this system.

> Also, is there any way to invoke Make from within TextMate.

Yes, there is a nice Make bundle: http://svn.textmate.org/trunk/Bundles/Make.tmbundle/
  — presently we do not include it by default, but I think we
should :)

I think the Make bundle by default has “make” on ⌘B and unscoped.
If you have the Xcode bundle, that one may eclipse it for C++ sources,
so disable that bundle (bundle editor).

> And finally, is there a gdb mode for debugging apps, like Emacs has?

That there is not, sorry.