[TxMt] LaTeX Bundle (About completion)

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Mon Oct 26 00:03:31 UTC 2009

Hi,

The big problem for me is the completion with ⌥⎋, I often wrote
  this remark on the list but without success ...
Perhaps Brad has not enough time to look at this ...

I would like to know if I'm the only one to have the next problem

a) Create a .tex file: essai.tex
you can put for example this inside :

Is it a bug?\label{title}
yes\label{answer}

b) Create a .tex file: try_completion.tex

\documentclass[11pt]{article}

\begin{document}
\input{essai.tex}
yes\re
\end{document}

now after \re ⌥⎋, no result

c) Remove the line \input{essai.tex}

then after ⌘S, \re ⌥⎋ gives

a window with

real
ref
etc...

d) but  when the caret is inside the braces of \ref{ } , the
completion is always correct

My solution :  I modified the LateXCommandCompletions.rb file.

def recursiveFileSearch(initialList)
   extraPathList = []
fileExt = "tex"
# I add the last line

Perhaps somebody can tell me if this solution is correct and if the
problem exists out of my home !!

Best Regards

Alain Matthes

PS  I try the completion with ⌘\ but with a french keyboard we need 4
fingers and 3 fingers for
⌘}

I prefer §, ⌘§ and  ⌥§ for  the macro LaTeX Symbol of Guido
Governatori, This macro is fine
because it's more natural (for example with the arrows) and the macro
adds $ ... $ .
Perhaps a macro Insert Math LaTeX Symbol in the main bundle will be a
good thing