[TxMt] Re: Combining bundles

Dru Kepple dru at summitprojects.com
Thu Oct 15 18:48:20 UTC 2009

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, and I'm not a Rubyist so I'm not too familiar with those bundles, but you can basically scope anything to your hearts desire.

If a command makes sense to actually be active for more than one file type, you just need to extend the scope of the command.  Just separate them with commas in the "Scope Selector" field of the Command.  Or, if it makes sense to do so, you can choose a more generic scope that umbrellas the desired specific scopes.

Also, a lanugage can extend another language by setting the scopeName of the lanuage to something extends the other lanuage.  For example, a lot of XML bundles that focus on a particular type of XML, and not just XML in general, set the language scope to text.xml.specifictype.

I would imagine you'd have to go through all commands and snippets and manually change the scope selectors, which would be tedious to say the least.  If you're feeling adventurous, you can open up the bundle package, bring the files therein into TextMate, and do a big search and replace on

 <key>scope</key>
 <string>originalscope</string>

 <key>scope</key>
 <string>new scope</string>

I'd make a backup of the bundle first, though!

Hope that helps.

Dru