[TxMt] Re: LaTeX completion

Édouard Gilbert edouard.gilbert at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 14:14:50 UTC 2009

Le 10 oct. 09 à 07:23, Alex Ross a écrit :

> The work flow that I can support is typing:
>
> \b⇥e⇥ for enumerate
> \b⇥i⇥ for itemize
>
> On Oct 9, 2009, at 9:16 PM, David Whetstone wrote:
>
>> Completion is nice, as long as it works like ⌘T, i.e. type any
>> sequence of characters and not just the starting sequence.  That
>> way I
>> could still type 'enum' to expand an enumerate block, for example.
>>
>> On Oct 9, 2009, at 7:30 PM, Alex Ross wrote:
>>
>>> LaTeX users:
>>>
>>> My plan is to remove most of the completion commands and latex
>>> snippets from the LaTeX bundle.  They will be replaced by a single
>>> command.  I have a prototype under construction, you can see how it
>>> works here:
>>>
>>> http://lasersox.net/LaTeXCompletion.m4v
>>>
>>> Basically there is a tree of completions, and you can navigate them
>>> just by typing.  We can work citation completion, and all existing
>>> snippets into this system.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?

Yes. First of all, I hope the snippets content won’t actually change.
I’m quite used to the current ones and find most of them pleasing.
I’d have no use for

\begin{figure}
\end{figure}

And I actually love the

\section{Title} % (fold)
\label{title}

% title (end)

And, perhaps more importantly, I’m worried of the systematic use of
backslash. It’s a three-key on my french keyboard. Moreover, not
three key I acces the most easily. So overuse of it, while logical
when using LaTeX, would actually be quite a pain to use for me.

Édouard GILBERT
edouard.gilbert at gmail.com