[TxMt] Re: 1589 : Problem with skim and preview

Wed Nov 25 11:59:26 UTC 2009

On 25 Nov 2009, at 10:44, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Le 25 nov. 2009 à 07:52, Gildas Hamel a écrit :
>
>> I did a safe reboot of my macbook pro (holding the shift key while
>> restarting), logged in, and restarted the machine normally, once
>> more. Everything works fine  now,
>
> yes you are right. It's fine for me but do you have an explanation?

So it still fails when not safe rebooting?

If the Skim icon is bouncing, try:

  1. Open Console and look for errors.
  2. Run ‘sample Skim 1’ from Terminal and paste the report.
  3. Use ‘ps aux’ to see if the Skim process is actually running —
ideally run ‘pstree’ to get the process tree (so we can see if it is
started directly by TM etc.), but ‘pstree’ is a custom install (e.g.
MacPorts).