[TxMt] Re: 1589 : Problem with skim and preview

Gildas Hamel gweltaz at ucsc.edu
Wed Nov 25 03:17:13 UTC 2009

* Alex Ross (z-textmate at lasersox.net) wrote:
  |>  On Nov 24, 2009, at 6:08 PM, Mark Eli Kalderon wrote:
  |>
  |>  >
  |>  > I have been experiencing the same problem. The ⌘R command doesn't terminate it just spins forever, apparently at the point where it is calling Skim. On my system this only happens if Skim is not already launched. It works fine if Skim is already open.
  |>
  |>  I'm only able to reproduce the first time I typeset + view a document after installing a new version of Skim and _only_ if the new version hasn't bee previously opened.  Even if you launch and close Skim.app after installing a new version, you still experience the stall?

After installing Latex 2 bundle, I also experience the stall with
Skim for Latex 2, and with Texshop when I go back to using the official
Textmate latex bundle (for which I use Texshop as previewer).
I have to force quit either. If either Texshop or Skim are open
before Command-R, no problem. I'm on 1589 and SnowLeopard 10.6.2.
--Gildas