[TxMt] Open a specific file with a certain keystroke?

Marius Hofert m_hofert at web.de
Thu Nov 12 06:57:29 UTC 2009

Dear Textmate Users,

I am working on a Mac OS 10.6.1 with textmate version 1.5.7. I have a
specific .txt file on my Desktop which I frequently open to put in
some text. How can I define a keystroke/key combination such that this
specific file is open and shown on top of all other open applications?
Is this even possible? If so, is this a Mac-kind-of-thing or can this
be achieved with textmate? With "System-Preferences -> Keyboard ->
Keyboard Shortcuts" I could not get this to work.

Cheers,

Marius