[TxMt] dyld: Symbol not found: _rb_intern2—TM blogging bundle error

Adam Sharp adsharp at me.com
Thu Nov 12 03:35:44 UTC 2009

Hi all,

First of all, loving TextMate it's great.

Running Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard.

I'm getting this error when I use the Fetch Blogs command from the blogging bundle:

    dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _rb_intern2
        Referenced from: /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/lib/osx/plist.bundle
        Expected in: flat namespace

    dyld: Symbol not found: _rb_intern2
        Referenced from: /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/lib/osx/plist.bundle
        Expected in: flat namespace

I recently upgraded my default SL ruby installation to v1.9.1, following the instructions at http://hivelogic.com/u/692. I could previously use the blogging bundle, and I think this may have been what caused the problem.

I have reverted the contents of /usr/local to a backed up copy, and now I'm running the default SL ruby 1.8.7. Unfortunately I still get the same issue.

Hope you can help.

Adam Sharp
Email: adsharp at me.com
Web: www.adam-sharp.net