[TxMt] problem with PHP bundle, can I completely remove it?

Alex alex.webjam at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 01:10:29 UTC 2009

Greetings!

I have been using TextMate for nearly three years. I just recently switched
jobs and purchased a new MacBook. I've been using the 30 day trial for about
a week - planning to purchase my key soon.

Despite using TextMate with PHP for so long, I haven't ever used the PHP
bundle.
This evening I downloaded it - tested it for a while - but found it to make
TextMate very unstable. I'd select the bundles menu to try out each PHP
bundle, but every second or third time the app would freeze for a few
seconds, then crash.
My console indicated: 'unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x15c29800'
right before the crash.

I tried removing textmate and deleting the php.tmbundle from
/library/application support/textmate/bundles/ then i reinstalled textmate
and tried everything again - same result.

So, I removed it for the second time (and also the bundle in
/library/application support/textmate/bundles/) -
Now, when looking at my console and working on a php file, I see many
instances of "didn't find rule named source.php" -

This ticket: http://ticket.macromates.com/show?ticket_id=8D6BF285 concludes
that "That error indicates that you deleted or disabled the PHP bundle and
are working with HTML files (with embedded PHP)."

I really liked the php bundle, but I'd hate to turn an 'always stable' app
to 'incredibly unstable' ... so, I'd be satisfied with relying on my own
snippets... but I am concerned with the error that I am still getting in my
console.
Is there anything I can do to completely remove that bundle?

I don't want to purchase a key until I get this issue worked out. I'm not
sure how to proceed, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Alex