[TxMt] R bundle sets working directory (and I wish it did not)

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Sun Mar 29 15:04:20 UTC 2009

Hi,

I just switched to Textmate to write my R scripts and I admit outright
there are many features of Textmate that I do not master yet. I am
confident I'll enjoy this new environment to write my R scripts.

I have a small problem though. I was looking forward to the ability to
send lines or the selection to R.app without doing cut and paste, as I
used to do with my other text editor.

But when I do this using the R bundle's "shift-option-command-R"
keyboard shortcut (or using the command from the Bundle's menu), my
selection is preceded by a setwd() to the folder where my script
resides. Except that often my working directory was set at the
beginning of my script to be elsewhere than where the script resides.

I am curious: why was this considered advantageous in the first place?
And second, can it be disabled (and how)? Also, can one change the
keyboard shortcuts? I do not use R from Terminal, so I'd like to
switch the keyboard equivalent to something that is less demanding on
my fingers, say control-R or command-R.

Thanks in advance,

Denis Chabot