[TxMt] Re: Just starting to call myself a full time TM uses, general

Robert J. Carr rjcarr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 20:56:21 UTC 2009

A few responses ...

> 1) Is there an <a href... snippet, I can not find it

I don't use HTML much but it is *extremely* easy to write your own
snippets if you can't find exactly what you're looking for.  Give it a
shot with the bundle editor.

> 4) I am liking soft tabs a lot, as they seem to allow me to align
> things better, and when files move to other places, they stay lined up
> regardless of the tab stop setting.  I was happily working in 4 spaces
> per tab stop, and wanted to move to 5, changing it did nothing.  I had
> to convert spaces to tabs, then make the change.  I am not entirely
> sure what I did really.  Can someone give me a primer or point me to
> docs on how this works?

I think changing your soft tab amount is only a forward operation.
Since it is only inserting spaces for you it probably can't figure
what what it inserted as spaces and what you did.  Might I recommend
using real tabs instead (/ducks!)?  :)

> 7) Any of you care to share your top #1 little tricks, the one thing
> you use all the time, that just makes you happy every time you invoke
> it?  I mainly work in php, so leaning on things that would be helpful
> in that area would be nice.  Second would be bash, and lately, for
> some odd reason, I have been spending some time in TCL, but not much,
> so I am not sure how many tricks in there would benefit me in the long
> run.

By far my most valuable feature is cmd-t (go to file).  Also, the
cmd-opt-[ (indent line) works rather well for me.  I've also written a
couple custom commands that I find very useful (e.g., open up docs
based on selected word, statically analyze code, etc).