[TxMt] Re: GetBundles: "This bundle is already installed"

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Tue Mar 24 17:24:37 UTC 2009

On 24.03.2009, at 18:06, Jay Levitt wrote:

> Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:
>> As far as I can remember I chose that way to open the bundle as
>> project to avoid "sometimes" TM's message 'This bundle is already
>> installed. Do you want to update it?' esp. under Tiger. I'll check
>> that again on several Macs.
>
> I was just about to post that very question!  Is there any way to
> avoid
> this? I'm on Leopard, with no Path Finder, and I get it for very
> bundle I
> update through GetBundles.

If you mean to avoid that TM asks you this after pressing 'Install
Bundle(s)' then the answer is no. The background is that GetBundles
uses the same way to install/update an installed bundle as TM by
itself (like if you downloaded a foo.tmbundle and double-click at that
file in the Finder). This is the safest way to make sure that TM
installs/updates a bundle correctly.

--Hans