[TxMt] Re: Fixing Consolas's line-height

Daniel Stockman daniel.stockman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 00:37:22 UTC 2009

On Mar 11, 2009, at 3/11 4:28 PM, Gerd Knops wrote:
> On Mar 11, 2009, at 4:22 PM, Matt Bauman wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>> After stumbling through a few random search pages, I discovered that
>> Apple has a suite of command line font editing tools.
> [..]
> Thanks much for the detailed description! I think I still prefer
> DejaVu in TextMate, but it is always good to have options.

For those interested, I've whipped up a little script[1] to automate
the steps Matt Bauman described so helpfully.

I would definitely recommend copying the offending files into a
scratch directory before invoking the script (which, when called with
no arguments, will iterate through every .ttf file in the current
directory).

It does not automate the installation into Font Book, but installing
is as simple as `open *.ttf` (after you've disabled/uninstalled the
previous version).

[1]: http://gist.github.com/79238

~ Daniel