[TxMt] Re: using python 3.0.1

Christian maillists at gmx.de
Sat Mar 14 17:56:23 UTC 2009

Am 14.03.2009 um 09:26 schrieb Andrei Maxim:

> My install is pretty much vanilla Python 3.0.1. All I changed was
> the line added to ~/.bash_login by the Python installer. Notice that
> ${PATH} is before the path to the Python 3.0.1 binary files:
>
> # Setting PATH for MacPython 3.0
> # The orginal version is saved in .bash_login.pysave
> PATH="${PATH}:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.0/bin"
> export PATH
>
> When running this tiny program I get the expected output:
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python3.0
> print ("hallo world")
>
> It really doesn't matter if you use Python 3 as the default version
> of Python or not, so there must be something that you changed.
> AFAIK, the only change that you really needed to do is either run
> the command file from the Python 3.0 folder or add those 4 lines in
> the .bash_login file (or whatever shell you use).

I do not have a file called .bash_login. But when I type

env

into the terminal I get

PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.0/bin:/sw/bin:/sw/
sbin:/sw/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/
usr/X11/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

Which means the path is already set correctly, isnt it?

But I still get the error message, als after a reinstall of TM,

Error in sitecustomize; set PYTHONVERBOSE for traceback:
NameError: name 'reload' is not defined
hallo world

How could that be resolved?

Thanks