[TxMt] Re: The angry quote

Thu Mar 5 22:08:43 UTC 2009

On 3 Mar 2009, at 10:37, Scott Haneda wrote:

> [...]
> Well that is certainly handy to know, thanks.  Is there any modifier
> key to hold that will turn off the character pairing for the moment?

No, but you can make a snippet on ⌥" which only inserts ".

Normally TM disables pairing when the character to the right of the
caret is a word character, but as we still do not have scope-specific
word characters, it does not perceive $ to be part of the word for
your code — you can add it globally though (via Preferences).