[TxMt] Re: enumerate all files in project

Thu Mar 5 22:01:24 UTC 2009

On 2 Mar 2009, at 03:59, Robert J. Carr wrote:

> [...]
> But your project directory doesn't necessarily have anything to do
> with the files in your project. [...]

This will however be the case in the future.

> The best I could come up with is to inspect your tmproj file
> (TM_PROJECT_FILEPATH) as that lists (in xml/plist) the relative
> folders/files you've added to your project.
>
> I guess my question is ... is the contents of this flle already
> parsed and made available somehow or would I need to parse it again?

The best is the each_text_file helper in Support/lib/textmate.rb which
iterates the files and respect file/folder patterns, but it does not
parse tmproj. If you do write code to parse the tmproj file, I’d
gladly accept a patch for textmate.rb to precisely mimic the project,
but as said above, in the future I do not plan to support project files.