[TxMt] Re: Absolute svn newbie needs help updating bundles

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Thu Mar 5 07:07:13 UTC 2009

On 04.03.2009, at 23:32, Khushru Khumbatta wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to update my bundles using svn as described in the online-
> manual but
> unfortunately I failed.
> I started and instaled svn. Then I cd to the bundles directory in
> ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/ and ran:
>
> svn update *.tmbundle
>
> and received:
>
> Skipped 'AppleScript.tmbundle'
> Skipped 'HTML.tmbundle'
> Skipped 'NanoBlogger.tmbundle'
> Skipped 'Pragmatic Examples.tmbundle'

What is the svn urls of your bundles? macromates.com is obsolete -
new: svn.textmate.org/trunk
Thus please check:
change dir in e.g. HTML.tmbundle and execute in the Terminal:
svn info

You said, that you installed svn; due to that I suppose that you are
using Tiger (Leopard comes with svn)

maybe the easiest would be to use GetBundles (here the installation):
mkdir -p ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Pristine\ Copy/Bundles
cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Pristine\ Copy/Bundles
export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
svn export http://svn.textmate.org/trunk/Review/Bundles/GetBundles.tmbundle

and reload Bundles in TM.

Then you can look for all updates via '=u' for instance

--Hans