[TxMt] Bash takes a core on 'Filter Through Command'

Gordon Robertson agrobertson at telus.net
Wed Mar 4 16:13:02 UTC 2009

I've been running awk and sort commands on text files via 'Filter
Through Command' for months, on an Intel MacBook Pro, with OSX 10.5
and the current version of TextMate. This week, following an install
of TexLive 2008 (it's the only significant system change I can recall,
but may not be related), when I try to run an awk command (e.g. awk
'{ print $2 }'), bash takes and keeps a full core of the Core2 Duo
CPU, and from what I can see it can only be stopped by a ForceQuit. I
suspect that there's a simple way to debug and resolve this -- can
anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance -

Gordon Robertson
Canada's Michael Smith Genome Sciences Centre
Vancouver BC Canada